Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Grand Funk Railroad - Bad Time (1975) HQ

  THE GODDESSES(pt.2) - 1975, Music, Platform Shoes!

 Amazing. The flashbacks out of nowhere from the dark cesspool of my memory banks. The entangled mess I must sift thru to get to he truth. A demo job is what it is. Thank God minimum evasive surgery is not needed. At least in my expert professional opinion on mental health issues. For I, yes it is I, me reader, FW, his bad self. Never needing a lobotomy. Tho I have an associate,or 2, that have been zapped @ to this day they are fine. They are fine. They are fine. Not me daddy. No no no, you got the wrong guy. I was not there. Tho there are times I feel beside myself @ then, if I am beside myself, who am I ? Enuf meandering(not bad) already. We got stuff that needs mulling @ discussion. Tho this is hardly a 2 way convo, is it? WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE ZAP ME ALREADY !!! Or, as Jadwiga would do, slap me upside the head just to get me back on track, back on track, back on track. 

I MISS YOU MOMMY. To this day, I still need you to take care of me. If not you than who? I in trouble, me thinks. I remember singing this very song to my mom back in '75, 7th grade, @ "BAD TIME", by the great GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, was a smash hit song. Chick-music pop-rock at it's finest, heart-breaking even, but so cool, so hip. It did not get much better, ever.
 Sadly, this song became the theme song to my life, my romantic life that is. A precursor(good there), a foreshadowing that exists to this very day. TO THIS VERY FUCKING DAY, goddammit !   

                                                *************************
THE GRAND FUNK RAILROAD not in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, you have got to be kidding. How in the . . . is this band not in the HOF?? Somebody, help me here. Farris, you out there? A gross injustice is what it is. Who the hell votes on this anyways? Get your shit together voters @ do the decent thing, the right thing, the good thing. Honest to GOD!! GFR, 70-75, as good a band out there. They killed it!! Mark Farner, an amazing singer, guitarist, @ phenomenal showman. YOUTUBE "Inside Looking Out", live 1972 MSG. Get back to me. Case closed, done, they are in. This is as good as RnR ever got. OUTTHEPARKKILLER. Makes me want to stand up, dance, scream shout it out loud, YEAHHHHH !!!! This one never gets old. Rockin' to this when we was 'bout 12 years old, WE WERE SO FREAKIN' cool !!!  
  Alas, albeit, nevertheless @ perhaps that's just me, but I doubt it. 

                                              $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 1975 - the flashbacks, the memories being jarred, stuff @ peeps I ain't thought 'bout in long long time, decades. WE had a blast !!!! A blessed childhood most certainly. 
1970-1975, an incredible era in music, perhaps the greatest in ROCK history. Get back to that later. 

  PLATFORM SHOES -  Holy Christ !!! I LOVED PLATFORM SHOES !!! Admit it, so did you. The coolest goddam things ever, ever, ever !!! @ bell-bottom jeans !!!!! Chicks dug it. The cool kats struttin' this stuff, we were studs !! At least we thought so. LONG HAIR !!!! Dam right long hair !! Down to the shoulders @ past. Smokin' hot, can't touch this, no ! If I still had enuf hair(56 shhh),  I would still have hair to mid-back @ never cut it!! CROSBY, STILLS, NASH, @ YOUNG -"Almost Cut My Hair" was the anthem. Loved long hair. I think for me it started with David Cassidy, The Partridge Family, The dude had the coolest hair @ got all the chicks !!!
 NOTE TO SELF- bring back the word FOX, as in SHE's A FOX !!!!

I often shop at antique stores, tho I live in the VOP, I swear I am not gay !!!! Gotta find a pair of platform shoes. Bring 'um back. I am ready. I think I could pull it off. Reader, You, yes you, what you think? Do I have the right stuff? Do I still have IT? Am I cool enuf, hip enuf? Do I still have the ass to look good in my skinny jeans? Need your advice here. Ladies, chicks, foxes, what you think? I am 56 years old @ can still bring it !!! 
   (Hang on, i gotta pee. My prostate is acting up). 

 WOMEN'S fashion during the 1970s was the best ever. The clothes, the hair styles, the shoes, the dresses, halter-tops(oh man), hot pants(fever). Had it all. SPECTACULAR, SEXY HOT WICKED! We rocked, danced, partied - LIFE WAS GOOD !!!!!  

 AND SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, 1975, THE GODDESSES(pt.2)

  The synapses, receptors firing. Slowly, however, nevertheless, memories lost @ found again. Being a healthy spry teen-age man about town, I was unbelievably surrounded by the most smokin' babes ever in my life !!!! AND I MEAN EVER !!! They were all so cute @ adorable as kids. I watched in amazement as they grew into the coolest teenagers ever. @ was in awe watching them become some of the most beautiful women I had the blessed fortune of being around. These women were spectacular !! Honest to GOD ! Something in the water at IRVING SCHOOL circa 1975. Never in my entire life have I been surrounded by so many foxes, ever. Not high school nor college could come close to this glorious group of females the good lord brought to this small area. One after the next. I gave a quick list of names couple a blogs ago, all off the top of my head(took 'bout a minute). Upon further review I would be remiss, it would be a travesty of justice, not to name these wonders of the female human race-(Karen C., Cara W., Mindy H., Missy H., Millie N., Eve D., Frannie S., Lori A.- that took 30 seconds). 
   YES, there is a GOD !!!!!!!!!! 
The guys were champions - the girls were goddesses.  IRVING SCHOOL CLASS OF 1975 WINS, THEY ARE THE GOATS!(Greatest of all-time). 

                                                **************************

 They are the ideal I have had to live with for the rest of my life. It has not been easy. I mean, what could compare to that? South Berwyn, Il., Irving School 1975 ? NOTHING !!! To live up to that ideal has been impossible for the rest of the women on this planet. It's tough peaking at age 14 !!! Nevertheless, IT WAS A BLAST-A GAS GAS GAS !!! THE MOST SMOKIN' HOT, SEXIEST COOL HIPPEST BEAUTIFUL FOXES CHICKS WOMEN, EVER !!!! 

  GOD BLESS EACH @ EVERY ONE OF YOU!!  

You ruined me for life. 56, single, most certainly, not a coincidence. As I stated, still connected.  

  It's good to reflect every now @ then, reminds me of who I am. Those memories, those people, a blessed childhood. I wouldn't change a thing. We are all still connected, entwined. Those days are, all those many years ago, still, to this day a part of who I am today. The essence of spirituality, connected, together, I AM NEVER ALONE. The world is still a beautiful place, with beautiful people in it. Those people, those days, those women, I HAVE BEEN THE MOST BLESSED MAN ON THIS PLANET. !!! 

                                             +++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Holidays around the corner. I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS !!! Thanksgiving, I am so blessed. The people I love @ people who love me. I HAVE NOT LOVED ENOUGH. However, I am trying to do better on that one. And I will be. I so love Christmas ! I dig shopping, buying gifts, wrapping, the lights, the music, decorating x-mas trees, dinner parties. Throwing old ladies @ handicapped into  snowbanks(KIDDING, a joke all-right).  THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS !!!! 
 Celebrating the birth of JESUS CHRIST ! Such a beautiful time of year ! Current friends, past friends, @ friends yet to come. I still look forward to the future with hope, with love, with joy. Staying in the light, WE ARE ALL CONNECTED. The best years of our lives are ahead of us !! 

                               Peace @ love always, ROCK !!! 
                                                                                    FW Roman 

4 Comments:

At November 14, 2018 at 2:56 PM , Blogger BL said...

So sad. Why are you living in the past? Grammar school really? I hope you connect somewhere. Seems so so sad😕

 
At November 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM , Blogger BL said...

I'm starting to follow this blog. I hope you can move forward.

 
At December 5, 2018 at 2:23 PM , Blogger FW Roman said...

Into music 1970-1975, bring back floods of memories @ people. I became amazed how many beautiful girls I was surrounded by then. And how that affected me into my adulthood. I see some at reunions and such like. Great memories of stuff @ peeps not thought of for long long long time. Blessed childhood. Stuff from childhood still effects to this day. Some is tongue in cheek, havin' fun with it. Tho some memories not so nice. Life, we all make mistakes. The music was the spark. We grew up with the best music !! thanks for reading @ replying. P @ L

 
At December 5, 2018 at 2:24 PM , Blogger FW Roman said...

Don't be sad 'bout this. I am blessed

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home