Wednesday, November 14, 2018

badfinger -baby blue(remastered)

 THIS KILLS ME. TOO SAD TOO TRAGIC. BUT WE ARE CONNECTED, for the good as well as the bad. I could weep. Just about my fave song when a lad 'bout 11. The story of BADFINGER, as awful as any rock tragedy, ever. To this day, even thinking about it is undeniably difficult. This is one of those. BABY BLUE, such a great pop-rock love song, one of the all-time best !! Can bring a tear to my eye, amazing. The longing, yearning, the love - brings it all back. Takes me back to the soundtrack of our lives. I saw BADFINGER once, 'bout 2005, along with THE BOX TOPS !!! Box Tops stole the show.  

                                                 ****************************

 ALBEIT_NEVERTHELESS< HOWEVER< ALAS -HOWZ EVERYBODY FEELIN' NOW?

 Now, how 'bout we have some fun !!! LOL guffawing! When was the last time you heard someone use the word guffaw? Long time, right? Well then, that would make me unique, would it not? Reader, you dammit, where in the hell are you? I need you(beatles, thanks). This one gonna be a corker(another one ha cha cha). This is what I do. I come at you like a thief in the night @ you never see me coming. And then anything could happen, I know not what, but I do know it's gonna be a blast !!! Glamorous, romantic, surreal, And you will adore me as I adore you. Loving every minute of it. Beautiful, even, knowing there is a GOD @ life is way to short to indulge in frivolity (booya!). 
  Or, I may just pull a can of silly-string on ya! @ that would make me truly unique.

  I live for nights like that. However, nevertheless, alas, albeit(enuf!), I may not have met her yet, but I will, for Jesus told me so. Ya see, me @ THE LORD have an understanding. As long as HE is calling the shots in my life, all is well, all is good, all is beautiful, even. And I have to get the out of the way! All is connected, everything, everybody.  Let GOD/JC work there magic, staying in the light where all abundance, love, beauty, joy, peace, kindness, comfort exist. 

"I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN ME SHALL HAVE LIFE, MORE ABUNDANTLY, EVER LASTING"! 
Works for me. Time to shine for the best years of our lives are ahead of us. And we will rock in every sense of the word !!!

  GOD IS GOOD. JESUS IS WITH ME NOW. WE ARE NEVER ALONE. 

  And now, GO GO GO ! WE ARE about truth, reality. Spirituality is a commitment to realty after all. And this is a celebration of the best music ever, Rock-n-Roll from the era 1970-1975, perhaps the greatest era of rock ever. Though what all of us were listening to at that time, me included, is not going to be a part of this chapter-blog's latest revelation. The stuff mainstream media, FM radio played to death, @ old-farts every where still cling to. Songs @ bands that now @ since being sober(21+ years no booze-no dope !! YEEHAW !!!), really really really suck!! Bands @ music we all really dug in the 70's, but now, NOOOOOOO !!!!! Enuf, I cannot DREAM WEAVER or FLY LIKE AN EAGLE one more time! 1000 times is enuf. If I hear songs like those one more time on the FM radio dial, people will die!! Some is embarrassing(THE NOOGE). FM radio still has no clue that T-REX has more songs than BANG-a-GONG, CHRIST's SAKE! 

Time out. I need to chill. Sit in the dark, cold rag on my face, weep, call therapist.
7 hours later, Hey, I'm back. All is well. These issues get me very emotional. Most people get caught up in politics, news, sports, YOU CAN KEEP THAT NONSENSE CUZ I WANNA ROCK !!!!

   Add this to the never ending saga @ epic masterpiece series of non-literature that vows to enlighten; LAST-BEST-ONLY-HOPE - #1) GOD IS AWESOME @ Jesus is a ROCKSTAR!, #2) With The Heart Of A Child, #3) Sex-No Drugs-Rock-n-roll !! 

  @ now ladies @ gentlemen, @ junky wino creeps- drum roll, trumpets, dogs howling -LBOH - Rocked Into The 4th Dimension !! -  From the universally renowned top-notch scribe of garage writers, FW ROMAN!!! WEEEEEEEEE !!!   The crowd in a frenzy, reminding every one of the crazed days of Beatlemania! Teen-age girls weep, grown men pee themselves, women threaten violence. Gotta get out of harm's way!! look it up, I swear !! 
Welcome to the 4th dimension. 
                                                     $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1970-1975; What a spectacular ere of music it was. It really never got better than this. My generation grew up with the best music, most spiritual music ever. As stated above, some has well lived out their purpose, but these bands, their songs, LPs, so remarkable they still sound brand new. Amazing stuff that never gets old, truly standing the test of time, cuz it has been a long time. @ we have lived long enuf to mull @ discuss(me still alive by the skin of my teeth but that is another chapter). I have to give a standing ovation to YOU TUBE, for helping this music stay alive so the young people can get a clue as to what people like me are talkin' 'bout. Ya ain't gonna find this on the FW radio dial. FM radio, so fucking lame I can't stand it. Not like back in our day when even AM radio rocked @ LP rock took over the FM dial. Those were the days my friends(doris day, thanks). 

  1970 - Things were changing rapidly in the rock world, The Beatles were no more, what happened next(within seconds), we quickly got over The Beatles. 

BLACK SABBATH hit like a nuclear bomb. YOU TUBE live in Paris, 1970. Sweet mother of GOD! Nothing like it to this very day. Sabbath makes Zeppelin look like sophomores. Ozzy before Prince of Darkness, was one hell of a showman @ great singer. Wearing an old beat up jacket, boots, $ store pants, no make-up, KILLER. 

THE WHO were at the height of their power. Never better than in 1970 LIVE AT LEEDS lp, or Live At The Isle Of Wight dvd. As good as rock ever got. Jaw-dropping good. 

SANTANA 1970 was as good as any band out there. Young Carlos was in his prime. Some o' ya pullin' away on this? Santana performing SOUL SACRIFICE at Woodstock stole the show. You Tube HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER live 1970. Nobody was better. Just scorching, like nothing we ever heard before or since. Brilliant. 

GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, stop while I weep. America's answer to the 2nd British Invasion.  You Tube INSIDE LOOKING OUT, live 1972 MSG. May very well be the greatest performance captured on film ever, ever! No? Go, go now @ listen, RnR was never better. FM radio never heard of this song. A disgrace, a travesty(ok I'll stop). 

RARE EARTH, so very rare indeed. Cannot remember last time I heard Get READY or I KNOW I'M LOSING YOU on FM radio(sucks). Do yourself a favor, go You Tube these 2 songs, you will thank me. Still brand new, awesome! Get up dance @ shout! 

T. REX, stop, I am weeping. Marc Bolan, the epitome of ROCKSTAR! We lost him long time ago, a tragedy, way too sad. The lp ELECTRIC WARRIOR was in our possession at 11. Loved it then, love it more now. You Tube GIRL, live. Beautiful. (I want that jacket he's wearin'. Santa, you feelin' me?) READER, this one is for you. This gets me so emotional, striking my nerve endings, soul, heart WOW! What a band. 

BADFINGER, listening to theses guys age 10. Produced by the Beatles. They had it all. Pop-rock love songs at it's finest. Reader, You Tube BABY BLUE, this one for you. Makes me want to hold you @ never let you go! 

CAT STEVENS, TEA FOR THE TILLER MAN -(enjoyin' a spot of earl grey as we speak. Earl Grey, there is no substitute. Ahhh, that's a slice o heaven in a cup). We played the hell out of this one. So many, too many never on the FM radio. Great singer, song writer. Touching heart felt songs. Cat is in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame as he should be. 

ELTON JOHN - but not what you think. Before he became Captain Fantastic, You Tube BBC 1971 live. Madman Across The Water, Indian Sunset, Mona Lisa @ Madhatters - Musical genius performing with a drummer @ bass player, that's it, 2 other guys. Now, Elton performs with a freakin' orchestra! Never better.  

ALICE COOPER - 18, No More Mr. Nice Guy, School's Out, Elected, Billion Dollar Babies. Great clean rock-n-roll. Give it to them, great stuff. 

THE ROLLING STONES - hang on. Don't get your undies in a jumble! 71-76, the Mick Taylor years, Stones at their very finest. Their best songs are Never, fucking never on the radio. Nor do they play them in concert. My fave Stone's song ever, WINTER(Goat's Head Soup). Reader this is most emphatically for you!!! Beautiful 

WE ARE NOW ENTERING 1974, which may in fact, indeed, be the single greatest year in rock history, or there abouts. Fasten your seat belt reader, hold tight, I got you now, you feelin' me? Cuz I'm feelin' you!  I AM NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO, EVER !!! 

AC-DC - with their debut lp. Has it been that long ago. Great band, great sound, great musicians, they do not get old. An amazing career. Working @ playing thru tragedy, not to be denied, a force of nature. Angus Young may very well be the COOLEST DUDE EVER!! 

UFO - The coolest fans ever. If you dug UFO, you were probably very cool. Had to be or you wouldn't even know they existed. Hard-rock, ballads, Michael Schenker - UFO had it all !! As good as rock ever got. STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT -did live LP's get better? NO

RUSH - Debuted in '74? Really? This band from across the border hit the rock world with a hammer in '74. When 2112 hit, nothing was ever the same. Brilliant, genius, 3 guys sound like a 100. A remarkable career. 

JUDAS PRIEST - yeah '74. Ok all you heavy metal freaks, I had there 1st LP. 12 years old. WOW! They sounded like Sabbath. An incredibly long career.(no, i have never worn leather pants, no tatts, no studs embedded in any body part, thank you). 

BLUE OYSTER CULT - you believe this shit? BOC playin' since 1974! Unbelievable. You Tube ASTRONOMY, studio or live. Amazing stuff. Like nothing we never heard cuz FM radio is to goddam lame! A beautiful song, melodic, great singer, and they hit it !! OUTTHEPARK! One o' my fave songs ever! You Tube Astonomy live '74, check out what lead singer is wearin'. Reader, can I make it work? Do I have the right stuff? Bring that fashion back !! I'm ready.

                                                     ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow, that was knee deep intensive writing @ research. But this not about me, no no no. Honestly, that era as good or better, or the best 5 years in rock history! We were so blessed. Young people have no clue. The crap on FM radio, mainstream cable TV internets SUCKS !!!!!!!! Thank GOD for You Tube. Take ya right back to a golden age with nothing but the fondest memories of beautiful friends, neighbors. It was all so Beaver Cleaver, right? If you were there, we can leave out the details. 

POINT; - We have a point!! Bands that did not make the list, do not stand the test of time(SORRY-gonna piss some people off here, but nevertheless, albeit furthermore @ on that note, you are WRONG!), but were hugely popular at the time before they started crapping @ embarrassing themselves past their prime @ FM radio beat them to death, still, to this very day. Stuff that make ya want to vomit, jump out a window, smash radio with a hammer(ya know, normal everyday stuff). 

I feel some o ya pullin' away already - bands that were playing during the specified era @ died. 
LED ZEPPELIN
YES
JETHRO TULL
EMERSON, LAKE, @ PALMER
DEEP PURPLE
PINK FLOYD
ROD STEWART
BOB SEGER
THE NOOG
STEVE MILLER
embarrassing is it not? At the time yeah great but not no more. 

This has been a great trip down memory lane into the 4th dimension, cuz OUT HERE IN THE PERIMETER, THERE ARE NO STARS. OUT HERE WE (ain't)STONED, IMMACULATE! Thank you to the Lizard King. Reader, all for you. Enjoy, rock, love, laugh, dance !! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. Soon, very soon, til then, be safe, come home, WE ARE ALL, CONNECTED, STILL, forever. 

                                                         Peace @ love,  FW 


5 Comments:

At November 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM , Blogger BL said...

Well at least you are entertaining yourself!

 
At November 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM , Blogger FW Roman said...

BL, are you not entertained? thanks for the comment

 
At November 20, 2018 at 10:57 AM , Blogger FreddieFanBoy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM , Blogger FreddieFanBoy said...

How dare you forget about Lynyrd Skynyrd good sir!

 
At November 25, 2018 at 2:47 PM , Blogger FW Roman said...

I should be flogged !!! I am utterly ashamed. A pox on me !!! Oddly, Lynyrd Skynyrd is the best of the lot !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home